It takes more than family members to raise a kid. Here is a list of some of the folks who made
a difference in my growth and development as a leader, a pastor, and as a good
human being!
- Pastor Marshall Vaughn: Nazarene pastor in Delta, CO…first one to see any leadership potential in a young teenage student.
- Pastor Leon Jennings: Nazarene pastor, Springfield, MO. Spent several nights at the Jennings house with my friend, Dennis.
- Joe and Francis Lightner: Joe was the instrument that brought me to the point of committing my life to following Jesus. Francis was my high school Sunday School teacher...what patience, and still my FB friend!
- Burt & Peg Thompson: my youth leaders and dear friends (almost family), and surrogate parents! How many nights did I spend sleeping on their couch? Impossible to overestimate their contributions in my life.
- Bob & Mary Hughes: They gave me a job at Hughes Shoes that kept me in college. They took care of me like I was their son. Love these people. I don’t cry much, and I process life and events pretty evenly, but when I found out that Mary was dying with pancreatic cancer….I sobbed uncontrollably. Only time I can remember that happening in my life.
- Paul Cunningham: Pastor, College Church in Olathe, KS. Paul hired me to be youth pastor of that great church when no one knew who I was…a great staff to work with, and the opportunity to be trained and mentored by the best!
- Jim Garlow: Pastor of Skyline Church in San Diego. Jim pointed me toward actively doing "Kingdom" ministry (healing of the body, emotions and spirit) over 30 years ago. He's been my friend for a long time. I value his influence.
- Hank & Sandy Bruns: Hank Bruns is one of my 3 or 4 closest friends, ever! Valley City, ND will always be special to me, and Hank and Sandy are a huge part of that.
- Sam Medina: Another one of my closest friends…no way to describe our relationship. Hermanos!
All I can say is thank you for all the contributions and
mostly, for just being such a pivotal part of my life story!
No comments:
Post a Comment