October 29, 2017

Eve of my 66th Birthday....first posted on FB 2 years ago

I Saw Her Standing There & Twist And Shout  (click)


On the eve of my 64th birthday, I was reflecting on what I have liked best about the "era" in which I've grown to this age. Was it the great athletes and sports teams I've watched and enjoyed (Mickey, Willie & Duke....Dodgers, Yankees, Giants, Pirates, Red Sox, Cubs, Cardinals...LA Rams & Green Bay Packers)? Was it the great movies that were made in the 50's through the 80's (from Ben Hur to The Godfather)? Was it the muscle cars of the 60's & 70's (GTOs, Corvettes, Mustangs)? Was it the bell bottomed pants and the bleeding Madras, paisley and surfer shirts? Was it the real drug stores that had soda fountains? Was it Ozzie and Harriet (with Ricky and his band)? Was it my southern roots and fried foods and gravy? Was it being raised on the farm with chores to do twice a day...every day (including holidays)? Was it church picnics and family reunions complete with all day gospel singing and dinner on the ground? Was it camping in the Sierra Nevada Mts and deer hunting every fall? It was all of this and more...HOWEVER, the thing I think I liked the best was the MUSIC I grew up on. I loved it all....from southern gospel, to country, to western, to top 40 pop (KYNO, Fresno and KOMA, Oklahoma City), to classic rock. Oh..the music! It had soul...it had lyrics you could sing along with...it had emotion...it had rythym...I LOVED THE MUSIC! My father was a very good musician, and I was his lyric prompter. I love all kinds of good music. I was in grade school when Elvis was the man, and in junior high when the Fab Four hit the music scene. Loved the Beach Boys, Ricky Nelson, Three Dog Night, CCR, and many, many others....The Eagles are still one of my favorite bands to listen to. Just in case you are my age, here is a link that you just might find FUN! Enjoy, and God bless you all...my FB friends.

No comments: