Philippians 4 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
We once had (for a very short time) a basset hound named Dudley. Dudley had a small rug that he would lie on. He would nap there. He liked it. It was kind of a kennel without the cage. At times, I would even say, “Dudley, go get on your rug.” He would walk over slowly and sit down on that rug.
This “peace of God” that the Apostle Paul talks about is like my rug. I know when I am on it, and when I am off of it. I can feel it. Life’s circumstances will rob us of “the peace of God” if we allow it. Some things are small and others are huge, but they can keep us off our rug. It could be that God is encouraging you today to “get back on your rug.” It is a place of unusual peace…it doesn’t make sense with what it going on around you, but it is there. The peace of God. Get back on your rug.
No comments:
Post a Comment