April 16, 2019

An American thing to declare...

These stones...the THOUSANDS of them at Arlington National Cemetery represent what it takes to keep a balance of power on this planet. Unlike so many who want to believe the opposite, people (many, if not all) are NOT basically good at heart. Put ONE toy in a room of half a dozen 5 year olds, and you will soon see how "good at heart" we really are! The strong one will get the toy and the rest will get nothing...unless they stand together. There are those in power who have no desire to live peaceably or in freedom. They are selfish, power hungry, greedy, controlling, and competitive. THAT is why there must always be balancing powers that keep dictatorial, totalitarian leaders and countries at bay. Otherwise, we have a world that is hopelessly out of balance and becomes unfit for human occupation of the masses. America (and allies) have provided that balance for the past century. It has come at a great cost, as you can see by these grave markers. We have not always done it well, but at least we have answered the call. That is why I salute our military...they sign up, and go where they are sent. Yes..there have been atrocities. I don't deny that or make excuses for it. War does not always bring out the best in humanity. With that said, where would we (and the world) be without our fighting men and women? I think the world should be grateful for that....yes, I am an American.


No comments: