August 07, 2025

Bonnie's Cancer Treatment

Bonnie's Post about the malignant tumor on her leg:

Please keep Mark and I in your prayers. A malignant tumor was diagnosed today on the inner aspect of my right lower leg. Curative treatment will most certainly include radiation and surgery. This is a shock but we are standing firmly on Jeremiah 29:11  “I know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper and not to harm you if you will trust in me with all your heart.” We are trusting.

Bonnie Morgan

I will try to update this blog with Bonnie's current status. The posts will most likely be infrequent. The basic treatment plan is for five weeks of radiation, followed by surgery to remove the tumor and then an extended time for recuperation. The time frame will be approximately:
1.  Preparation for radiation treatment: 2-3 weeks
2.  Radiation treatments:  5 weeks
3.  Tissue recuperation in preparation for surgery:  4-6 weeks
4.  Surgery to remove the tumor & total recuperation:  Several weeks (as needed). 

I will not get into the medical particulars of all that is involved, since that is not within the scope of my knowledge or understanding. We are hopeful that the tumor appears to be quite contained, and that radiation and surgery will be curative. Please pray to that end. We are not seeking advice or input pertaining to treatment, etc. We have a great team of doctors and advocates that we have utmost confidence in. Thank you so much for caring and even more, for your prayers to our Father in Heaven whose healing mercy is extravagant. 

Bonnie really enjoys the emails and texts you send. Feel free to include both of us if so desire. We will do our best to respond. Thanks for understanding. 
If you forget how to access this blog, just send me a text or give me a call. I will be happy to send you the link. 

Our dear friends and family have been overwhelmingly supportive and encouraging to us. Today marks the FIRST DAY of the journey of getting rid of this "light affliction" that has invaded Bonnie's leg. I thought it ironic that for the first time in her life, Bonnie showed up at the cancer clinic as a patient rather than a healthcare provider.   We are good, hopeful and in a positive frame of mind. 
Blessings to you all, and thanks again for your love and support. 



Mark

40 comments:

Laurie said...

We love you and are praying for you. Your steadfast faith and trust in the heavenly Father will sustain you through this. ❤️ to you both

Lauretta said...

So odd to see her on the patient side. We will continue to hold you both up in prayer.

Waniefromaz said...

Thanks for the update, Mark! Let Dave and I know if you need anything. (Carolyn)

Anonymous said...

My prayers are for your complete healing Bonnie. Keep singing that song , Peace, Peace Wonderful Peace..

Anonymous said...

I love you my friend! God will walk beside you every step of the way. My prayers will be daily as well as my hugs. Much love and admiration

Holly Haugo

Anonymous said...

We love you both and we'll be praying for complete healing for Bonnie and peace for both of you!
Larry and Ruby

Alice Morgan Tesei said...

We are keeping you both in our thoughts. May this be a speedy and easy recovery. πŸ₯°

Anonymous said...

Praying πŸ™πŸ»

Anonymous said...

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both. As well as with your doctors.
Much love to both of you.

Anonymous said...

Keeping both of you in my prayers!πŸ’œ

Anonymous said...

I just saw this! Wow! I how I haven't been out of the loop for to long. I'm starting my prayers STAT! I love you and am here to support and pray with you through this journey.

Anonymous said...

We love you and are beside you in prayers & virtual hugs..you are one of the strongest women I know & God has a plan..always.. you helped me get that

Anonymous said...

Bonnie & Mark: I just saw this. I’m so sorry about Bonnie’s cancer. I am so glad that we got to re-connect in Moberly. That was a wonderful time of fellowship!❤️ Roger & I will be praying for your healing through all the procedures.
Love & prayers to you my friend, Janet

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you Mark & Bonnie. No weapon formed against you shall prosper! πŸ™❣️

Anonymous said...

Oh man!! So sorry to hear of this diagnosis! I have already started praying as soon as I started reading this news! I will continue to lift you and Mark up to our GREAT BIG WONDERFUL GOD!! This is no surprise to Him and He will hold you in His ever LOVING arms!! Day by day!! That is the Hymn that comes to mind!! Day by day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here, trusting in my Father's wise bestowment I’ve no cause for worries or for fear! He whose heart is kind beyond all measure, gives unto each day what he deems best. Lovingly is part of pain and pleasure, mingling toil with peace and rest…… the other two verses are absolutely beautiful and touch the soul as well!! ❤️ sending my love and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Not sure why it says anonymous… this is Sarah Burchill Halverson

Anonymous said...

Prayers. God Bless and keep you

Keith Killough said...

Oh no. We just now saw this. Hit me like a gut punch. We will be praying. She-She has added her to her healing list for prayer. We are for you.

Michael Chalker said...

Judy and I will be adding to our daily prayers immediately.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you both

Anonymous said...

Hola espero se encuentren bien en lo que cabe dios es grande y Bonnie muy fuerte los quiero mucho y deseo de todo corazΓ³n se recupere muy pronto

Beth Gibson Rose said...

My prayers and thoughts are always with you, Bonnie and Mark! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Sending much love and prayers. Let people spoil you . ❤️πŸ™

Anonymous said...

Praying over Bonnie πŸ™

Anonymous said...

Carol and I are praying for Bonnie and you

Anonymous said...

Prayers!! God is good and will walk with you as you overcome this !!

Anonymous said...

Praying for complete healing and restoration! Thank You Jesus for healing Bonnie!!

Ron shoaf said...

The three Ps Pray, Positive attitude and Proactive but most of all Pray

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Bonnie! It’s Charlie. You are in my thoughts! You got this!! You are so strong! Who else skydives on their 60th birthday!!

Ron Bynum said...

Just hearing this news. I will be praying for both of you as you enter this season. May God’s Grace surround you

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news. Definitely will keep both of you i my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Bonnie. You are close in our hearts. More love, more power, more of You in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers your way, Bonnie!

Carol Rondinelli said...

Just saw this and I'll be praying daily for you Bonnie & Mark. So sorry to hear this. I pray God and Jesus will help you through this to total healing! Love, CR

Anonymous said...

Praying for total healing!! Bless you guys as you walk thru this together ♥️

Anonymous said...

From Jennifer and Wences Herrera

Anonymous said...

Praying for your revovery, Bonnie. Love you, Kathy V

Mark Morgan said...

Bonnie's radiation treatments will begin this coming Thursday, Aug 21st. They will last for 5 weeks.

Mark Morgan said...

As I lie on the radiation table...
this is what we are praying daily while under that big machine. “Father, beam down your laser healing rays into this tumor. Work with the radiation beam to kill tumor cells.”

I took this picture this morning when I had my treatment. I love the visual of healing from above joining with the monster machine. Smile! Join us in this prayer. And I am doing great so far. Feeling strong and courageous and full of gratitude for each one of you

Anonymous said...

Sending love and prayers. Kathleen and Blake